Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

As for Me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Emery, Hattie, and I finished reading in Joshua last night and moved on to Judges. I'd imagine the best known verse in the entire book of Joshua would have to be "As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD".....of course, Israel doesn't exactly hold to this over the generations, but I'm thankful for the LORD's mercies that are new every morning, and every morning we have a fresh opportunity to devote our lives wholly unto the Lord (again). Because, I like Israel, fall away again and again and again, and I have to cleave to the verse in Malachi (I think), "I Am the Lord, I change not, therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed." I'm thankful for an unchanging God, when I am SOOO changable.

Well, there you have it plain and raw. I am a sinner. Saved by the grace of God. A sinner and now and the author of a blog. So welcome. : )

I had a blog once before, in college, but for reasons I do not still remember, I deleted it. I'm excited for this fresh start. I'm excited to share tidbits from our somewhat mundane and often hilarious life in the Sayre family.

Hattie is ten months old. Scooting around the house and chewing on everything. Emery is hard a work. And I......I am admittedly hiding from a HUGE cockroach that is on the ceiling. It's 2.5'' long, ugly as can be, and I'm just certain that if I try to kill it, it will fall into my hair and attack me and possibly lie eggs on my head. And that's not a risk I'm willing to take. I didn't get enough sleep last night to be wiling to duel with a cockroach. To top it off, it really is either laying eggs or leaving brown sludge marks on my ceiling. Eck. I glare at it every time I have to pass by, and try to reassure myself that it still being in the same place for several hours is proof enough that it probably has ingested some poison (but not enough to kill it!!). I'm trying to remain calm. It's going to be a long day. Pray for me.

3 comments:

  1. I like the site's disclaimer ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very excited for you to be back in the blogging world! You're a great writer and I look forward to reading about the goings on of your life! And, Hattie is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete