Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Dream Vacation

Emery and I have been dreaming about a weekend getaway for several months, just the two of us. Of course, since Hattie's still nursing, it would be have to be  few more months before we had any possibility of going. I dutifully peruse all the Groupon Getaway emails, and always sigh at the sight of all the luxurious places we could go (but that I'm entirely too frugal to actually take the plunge and go to).
But then I realized, we just returned from our dream vacation, and it was just as it should be: filled with the laughter of nieces and our nephew, filled with church-going and worship services, delightfully exhausting...perfect.
Emery proposed to me five miles from Asa and Karla's home. We had the pleasure of seeing the old sights and reminiscing over that special day three years ago (in July), and it was terribly romantic - then and now.
July 17, 2009 was a hot, steamy day. It had rained just enough to scare everyone else away from the park, and Emery and I enjoyed a picnic by ourselves under a gazebo. Karla helped me pack the basket, and let us use her china and stemmed glasses. We walked the boardwalk by the bay, thankful for the slight breeze off the water, and then he asked me to marry him. I gladly accepted. After a while, we stopped in at an ice cream shop, and made calls telling the family our happy news.  
It was a whirlwind courtship and engagement, but the LORD was so evidently in the matter, we were couldn't have been happier.




7 girls on one couch!



Baby Kate

Laura - ready for her wedding :)

1 comment: