Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Hear ye, Hear ye

It's officially flip-flop weather in Memphis. So go ahead pull 'em out. Last year, I lived in my flippers - as I affectionately call them - but, last year I was also pregnant and I suppose that was as close to being barefoot as I could get (what's that saying about being barefoot and pregnant?).

I recommend breaking your feet in gradually if you, like me, find your feet not nearly so tough and ready to battle the elements as they were last September. A few walks around the block in increasing increments should do the trick.

Did you know I usually walk holes through my 'flippers'...yes, they're THAT trusty and dependable. I suppose I should note that I rarely buy the entirely rubber ones. Those would be difficult to walk holes through; I like the ones with fairly thin soles and cloth, but don't worry, I throw them away when I can really feel the rocks poking my feet.


2 comments:

  1. Here in sunny Florida, it's "flipper" weather almost all year round! Of course, if you have crazy feet like me, you get to sport flip-flops that look like they're made for 80-year-old women!

    ReplyDelete