Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Whether the weather...

This morning when we got up, I looked out the window and beheld, with a sinking feeling, what looked like tornado weather. The sky was dark, the air was green. Hattie and I went to check the weather channel, but to my surprise, there were no alerts or warnings about tornadoes.
Do you know what the one alert was? Local Pollen. That's right.

"It's not tornado weather, it's just the pollen!"

Ahh, the Southern springtime. I love it. I love seeing the trees come alive again and all the grass getting green. My favorite part is when the dogwood trees blossom, but that will be a while yet. I'm not sure if it's the dazzling beauty after the bleak winter, or if it's the fact that the world seems coated with this green haze...like rose colored glasses, but green. Whatever it is, I like it. I even smile a little when I have to run my wind-shield wipers a couple of times to be able to see through the pollen.


No comments:

Post a Comment