Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Freedom in Grace

Do you ever look around at the grocery store and see people whom you might like to be friends with (based entirely on appearances, of course)? I do. Maybe it's one of the bonds of motherhood, but when I see Middle-eastern or Indian (the subcontinent) mothers with their children, I just think I would like to get to know them, and maybe be friends.

I feel a kinship that I can't explain. I'm sure it's not reciprocated, but nevertheless.

In a way, I want to tell them about my Jesus, but I'd rather be their friend first (because why should anyone listen to me about the love of God, if I don't first demonstrate it?).

I'm free in Christ. How wonderful is that? But these women, most of them are in bondage to Islam or Hinduism. Working. Working hard to attain their own salvation. Performing all the rites, praying the designated prayers, burning the right incense.

But me? I'M FREE. Saved by the grace of God. Free from my sins, free from condemnation, free to rest in His grace.

free.


"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John8:32


freedom in truth. We have the great privilege of of walking in the glorious light of His gospel.

But so many are stumbling in the darkness. Complete darkness.

We're supposed to be known by our love.
"By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." John13:35

Lord, help me to love. Not just my family and friends who love me, but everyone I interact with...the cashiers at the store, and my neighbors down the street. Help me to show them YOUR love and great compassion.

----

Visit Grace Chapel's webpage to learn more about this great love.

No comments:

Post a Comment