Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Friends

The moving truck comes on Monday....we've been packing, but you already know that.


This move is different than all our other moves. This week has been full of fairly spontaneous visits with our sweet friends, as if to have one last hoorah before we're too far away to just stop by for lunch now and then. It's been lovely, partially because we enjoy their company and friendship, and partially because 2/3 of my kitchen is boxed up and creating meals from our pantry (still) is quite a feat. We're making it work with quesadillas and baked potatoes, but I'm ready to do some real grocery shopping (and maybe spend more than $30 at it).

-----

This is the time of day (4:24) that I get tired of waiting for Emery to get home. It feels like time goes by so slowly, and will he ever get here?!? Now, this is not because I'm overly frazzled with my baby and need some relief. No, it's because Mr. Sayre is my best friend and I just miss him. Hattie too, you should see her excitement at his arrival in the evenings. Priceless. And I love my life. I don't mind that this is our third move in less than three years. I don't mind packing and unpacking. I just love my family, and I want us to be in the center of the Lord's will for us....wherever that is.

And Mississippi IS the hospitality state y'all - our rest areas/welcome centers say so - and if you're passing through, you'd better drop me a line and stay with us.

I guess that's all for now. We might get rid of our internet at home after the move, and I apologize in advance if my little bloggy gets much neglected over the summer. The library and other wifi hotspots are readily available though, so hopefully the digital cobwebs won't grow too thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment