Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Newness

On Tuesday, with my newly-potted hydrangea in hand, we got into our loaded car and moving truck and headed south.

Hattie was lovely on the journey. I was kind of dreading having to drive several hours with her by myself, but it might have her best road trip yet. (Praise the Lord!)

Emery has had a few days before he has to go in to work at the new job, and we've loved having him home....the only problem is that it has felt like Saturday all week, and I'm all mixed up.

It's been so nice to have a little house.  More than three drawers in the kitchen, deep closets, lots of cabinets in the bathrooms (our last place had 2.5 baths, but only one had any storage), and a yard! Without the worry of disturbing the neighbors, we've even started some sleep training. I haven't been tooo business-like with the training though since all of our allergies have been acting up, and Little-Bit's runny nose and occasional cough is just pitiful. In spite of not feeling 100%, Hattie has been a trooper, and I'm so thankful. I'm afraid I envisioned her screaming her head off for four hours a night for a week before she settled down into a new routine. But really, the first night was a little hard, but not agonizing, and last night she had already learned quite a lot and it didn't take her but a few minutes before she was snoozing away. Glory Hallelujah!

I was discussing parenting with my brother, Asa, a few months ago. We both love being parents so much more than we expected. I think we mentally prepared ourselves for the sleepness nights and discipline issues, but we didn't have any idea of how rewarding and fun it is too. : ) I guess we're products of our upbringing by 'preparing for the worst and hoping for the best'.....and that's how it's been this week with the sleep training, and I've been pleasantly surprised.

By the way, we got our internet at home working last night, so maybe I won't neglect my little bloggy afterall....although I must say, being disconnected from the internet for a week was rather refreshing.




1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you are gone and we missed your last night at GC. I'm glad to hear you are settling in nicely though! =) ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete