Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Scratch and Dent Caskets?

A few years ago, on a visit to my hometown, we noticed a store titled 'Discount Caskets'.  How do they get to be discounted, I wondered. Scratch and dent perhaps? Gently used?

Oh Emery and I laugh and laugh at the prospect of some store really selling used caskets. How do they get them? Were they only used for the funeral, and the original owner was cremated? That store went under (I'm not apologizing for the pun, this situation fosters LOTS of puns), and we can't have a good laugh every time we're in town. But there is a casket company on I-55 in MS, and when we do pass that way, used caskets will come up.

I joked with Emery as we passed by this weekend, that if those Tribulation books that were popular a few years ago were correct (which I don't think they are, theologically), THEN the discount casket company could really make a killing after the rapture. They could even market Antique caskets, or those that held someone famous.

As for me, I don't expect a fancy casket will very useful, and plain will suit just fine....but I don't think I'm so frugal as to want a used one.

No comments:

Post a Comment