Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Club.

We joined it.

Not the fitness club. Or the Sam's club. The mini-van club.

It's not a swagger-wagon. It might have been 10years ago when it was brand-spankin-new....but the swagger has since been left behind.

I'm thankful for it. We got a fabulous deal (or it will be once we put 40-50k miles on it), and hopefully it will be a reliable vehicle in the coming days.
It's not beautiful.
It doesn't have a DVD player....it IS equipped with a VHS player though. haha. {Emery and I do still own videos on VHS, and maybe one day I'll let Hattie watch some movie on a road trip. "The Little Kidnappers" and "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" probably.}

But it's ours without debt. And for that, I love it.



Since we moved, we've only had one vehicle. I didn't mind staying home all the time so much, especially as Hattie and I really only went grocery shopping and occasionally to the park when we did have a second vehicle. So it wasn't a huge deal. But after some consideration, we decided we wanted to look for either a pick-up truck for Emery to drive (and so we could haul things) or a mini-van for me to drive (and so we could haul things AND people). The LORD provided.  : )



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for leaving a comment on my post today! I love finding new blogs that way! And don't you know all the cool moms are driving minivans? At least that's what I tell myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful the Lord provided for your needs! We recently purchased a new vehicle and were seriously considering joining the mini-van club. I like mini-vans and think they're practical. A better deal came along for a more economical car right now, but a mini-van will probably be our next vehicle purchase.

    ReplyDelete