Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Successful sleeping

Y'all. This is serious. Monumental. Incredible. Delightful. Successful. And Satisfying.

My baby slept in HER room last night. for six hours straight. and didn't nurse from 8:30-5am.

This is the start of a new chapter in the Sayre family.

But it's fitting. She'll be one in just a couple of days, and will be walking very soon too.....she's growing up and getting more independent already in so many ways.
Yesterday, at a brunch, she was scooped up by some of the children and whisked away to play, and she LOVED it. Not long ago, she would have had a hissy at being carried away from me.


I might note that we transitioned her gradually, and while at first she wasn't happy about the transition, I knew she wasn't struck with anxiety either....and it worked really well for both of us.

Also, since I haven't slept six hours straight in I don't know when, after he first waking, I was rip-roaring-ready to face the day, except that it was 3am. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment