Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Concerning Cookies

I've got a weak spot for cookies.

Cookies over cake almost any day.

{Except in the circumstances where both are homemade, and then I'll probably sample both.}

In the gluten free world, cookies are usually just 'okay'. They can be too tender or gritty or hard or crumbly, but rarely are they perfect. This week, they were perfect.

You probably are familiar with the 1-1-1 peanut butter cookie recipe.
One cup of peanut butter
One cup of sugar
One egg

Those are pretty good. But make it even better by adding chocolate chips, vanilla, and baking soda.

I didn't measure anything in my 'perfect' cookies. (Much to my dismay). I didn't have full cup of peanut butter, so I just used what I had and visually matched it with the same amount of sugar. I think it was probably about 2/3 cup of each. The essential egg. A splash of vanilla - a healthy splash - and a few good shakes of baking soda (1/2 tsp maybe) and enough chocolate chips to go around thoroughly. Mix and drop onto greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 7-8 minutes (or 9, I think my oven might be slightly warmer than usual). Enjoy with a large glass of milk! : )

These were actually so good that Emery said if I could reproduce these exactly, I should go in the cookie making business. That, of course, is impossible for someone who doesn't measure...but I enjoyed the compliment nonetheless. It always makes my heart go pitter-patter whenever he proclaims anything I make to be the best he's had (admittedly, it's kind of rare.)

No comments:

Post a Comment