Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Bovine Bliss

This is serious people watching. Though I'm sure we were getting plenty of looks too.





Hattie wasn't in love with the spots, I stuck one of mine on her for the picture because she'd already discarded all of her own.


Loving her little Critter book from the kid's meal. Maybe I shouldn't have traded her last on in for ice cream.

Yay for Free Chick-Fil-A!!
So we were up early this morning, and we decided to be cows first thing. Our CFA is very new, like has only been open 2.5 weeks new, and it's been COVERED UP every time I've driven by...so off-peak hours seemed ideal.
Our cow ears didn't stand up to the rain very well, and Hattie's literally wouldn't stand up at all because they blew off and landed in a puddle as soon as we got out of the car. But my limp-eared calf and I went in for our free chicken.
I haven't dressed up for Cow Appreciation day before. Y'all, we were the only stinkin' cows in the restaurant (that didn't work there at least). I know it was breakfast and they'd only been open an hour, but I expected a few more cows than just us! I was kind of hoping we'd blend in with the herd, I guess. But alas. We did get our entire meal free though and that was a delight....I thought we would just be getting two free entrees, but the girl said we could get whatever we wanted. Score! So we ate and ate and ate. And I suppose since we were cows we 'chewed the cud' a little with some of the workers. It was Bovine Bliss indeed.

Speaking of Bovine, two moves ago we lived near a town called Bovina. You would think with a name like that there would be an unusual number of cows, but there wasn't any more than average. Every time we passed Bovina we'd sing, "Oh Bo-VINA, don't you cry for me. I'm going home to Vicksburg with your hand on my knee" (To the tune of Oh Susanna - and ONLY Emery's hand being the one on my knee). I sure am glad we escaped living in that town, if we had stayed put, that's probably where we would have settled.

Well, I'm thankful for free Chick-Fil-A, and for the LORD putting us right where He wants us. Happy Friday!



1 comment:

  1. Y'all are a hoot!! Or should I say...a moo!?!

    ReplyDelete