Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Chick-fil-A uproar.

Chick-fil-A is as hometown for me as Wafflehouse is.

But they fall on opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of what you expect....just think for a minute about the service, food, and cleanliness of each establishment. They are as different as night and day.

Now, at Wafflehouse, the dirty brown tile floor and the sticky syrup bottle feed into the aura that is quintessentially "Wafflehouse". It doesn't make you too uncomfortable because you know where you are and you know where things stand (and you avoid using the restroom if at all possible).

But then you have Chick-fil-A. Committed to service, quality, and excellence....and it all shows in every aspect of the restaurant. From the 'my pleasure's to the fresh flowers on the table, you KNOW they're working hard to give you the best possible experience.

What sets Chick-fil-A apart? Morale Fiber. Not too many other companies have it these days, and it's because they're Christians that they've come under attack.
Because they believe the Bible.
Because they strive to honor God in their establishment.
Because they call sin exactly what it is.

And it drives the world NUTS. Like rabid dogs. And so they make up rules and try to block this decent and upright company from opening stores in various cities....but oh yeah, aren't we supposed to be capitalists and shouldn't people have the choice to choose whether they personally support Chick-fil-A and what it stands for, rather than having their mayor say, "oh no no no. You can't come here. It's not fair." What kind of capitalism is this? The communist kind, sadly.

I stand with Chick-fil-A. More than that, I applaud them for their boldness. Homosexuality is a sin. Like lying and stealing, and it needs to be repented of because ALL SIN is so so ugly to our holy God.


3 comments:

  1. I agree wholeheartedly, Liz! I just posted this on my facebook page last night: John 15:19 - If ye were of the world, the world would love its own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. The world is going to hate us as Christians BECAUSE we are Christians. If we are not hated by the world, we need to take a good, long look at our lives, because we probably aren't living as we should. The world would scream, "Give us Barrabus!!" I would plead, "Give me JESUS." May the LORD continue to show His mercy to His people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many people don't seem to understand that a person can disagree with another's behavior (or lifestyle) and NOT hate that person. My son kicked the dog this morning. I don't like what he did. I think it's wrong. Does that mean I hate him? No! If fact, it means I love and care for him BECAUSE I told him it's wrong to kick the dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Hate the sin, not the sinner.

      Delete