Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Hattie and her play stove...

Every now and again, I get a crafty spree. It's like a I have an unknown craft quota that has to be met only once in a while.
Earlier today, I was dreaming about making a play stove for Hattie from a diaper box. And what do you know, I just got busy. Three hours and a trip to the store for Elmer's glue later, we were finished! Construction paper had been flying. Glue had been oozing. Scissors cutting.
















Five minutes after Hattie was allowed to play with her stove, it was pretty much demolished. I can't blame her. I know she loves to rip paper, and anything she can get her fingers under she's more than willing to peel off......but oh, it was disheartening to see all that work gone. Such as it is, Hattie's still playing with the remnants, so I count that a victory.



2 comments:

  1. Next time, try painting it! LOL!! She is so cute! Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would have been a good idea, except for the only paints I have are red and gold AND taking the time to let the paint dry might not be quite instant-enough gratification. haha.

      Delete