Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Nosey nose

Did someone just pour men's cologne into my air conditioner? Because really, all of the sudden there's a strange odor wafting around, and the only wearer of cologne in my family isn't even home. What's up with that. Don't worry, it's not like you just walked into Hollister or one of those other spray-cologne-on-you-and-make-you-shop-in-the-dark stores. It's just faint.




I'll attribute it to pregnancy nose.
Got me in trouble yesterday too.




We were in Memphis staying the home of dear friends, when my nose was assaulted with SKUNK. It must have been right outside the window it was so strong. But we were in town, and how many skunks would venture to live within the city limits? I thought there couldn't be many, but there was a dog next door and he was the most probable victim, so I felt sorry for the poor family who would Really have to deal with the skunkiness.
Y'all, there was no skunk.
Not even one.

Just Tony making an extra strong pot of Starbucks coffee specially for his guests.

I was kind of mortified to have even thought it was skunk. But Miracle got a good laugh out of it, and said, "Oh girl, you can't tell you're pregnant!"




I learned to play Rook this weekend. I think the most amusing part is hearing the players' histories with the game. Tony's family count cards. Emery has played with the sweetest little old ladies who cheat blatantly. And I always think of Donna, who always wanted us to learn to play so she could re-live memories of playing with her Grannies.
The other highlight of the game was Miracle and I beating Tony and Emery. They didn't see it coming. haha.







5 comments:

  1. Yaaayyyy, Liz!!! Now you and Emery can help me teach everybody else how to play! And I'm glad you thought of me. It's so nice to be thought of. I think of you and yours often. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had fun with Miracle and Tony. She had called me and told me how much she was looking forward to your visit! I think it is hilarious you thought you smelled a skunk when it was really Tony's coffee. Don't think skunks can't make it in the big city though...there is a man down the road that feeds a family of 5 [two adults and 3 babies] every night. Then, every night around 10pm, I smell skunk outside my window so bad I get nauseated! Hope you are feeling well! Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH! Oh Melanie, that's AWFUL. I'm so sorry.

      Delete
  3. Haaha!!! before I read that it was coffee I was going to suggest the very same. It sometimes smells like skunk to me as well - so it's NOT just you, my dear. " Emery has played with the sweetest little old ladies who cheat blatantly….." haaha! reminds me of the two old ladies in "Arsenic and Old Lace" :)

    ReplyDelete