Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

{another post on} Little things

Little things. Gratifying things. They make the world a happier place.

My happiest moment of today (so far) was finding a dress at a consignment store. New-with-tags and sold for nearly $80 originally, and I payed a whopping $6!
You see, Emery's been wanting me to have a new dress, and preferably one that is more dressy than some of my other pieces, and this one fits the bill perfectly. : ) Granted, it won't fit very long, but I really only need it to fit for that somewhat awkward time between having a baby pooch and a full-out baby belly. I'm elated.

The teller at the bank gave us a lollipop when we finished the transaction, and I'm going to eat it now that Hattie's napping. haha :)

I've been just aching to decorate for fall, and I'm so excited to have a little leftover money from my dress purchase to do just that. We did get some fabric leaves yesterday at DG, and I say, for only a dollar, they have helped things look much more fall-ish in the house.

Do any of you do Fall Cleaning? I never have been much for spring cleaning (unless I'm nesting, and it just happens to be spring at the same time), but this year the sudden drop in humidity - and very brief drop in temperature - had brought out the inclinations to vacuum out the couches and give everything a good 'once over'. The thought of tackling some of these projects, makes me smile too.

I know there's a lot of wretched stuff going on in the world, but I'd much rather focus on living a quiet and peaceable life...especially when things are so chaotic outside of our little home.

No comments:

Post a Comment