Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Da-bomb dot com protein shake

I had a light-bulb of genius moment this afternoon. Sheer genius. Peanut butter, banana, chocolate protein shake (WITHOUT any protein powder, because that's kind of yuck, in my opinion).

It was supreme.

And so much protein. 52 grams by my count. Holla! That's half a days worth in one {large} glass!

Without further ado,

Peanut Butter, Banana, Chocolate Protein Shake
2 eggs*-- 12 grams of protein
2 cups of {whole} milk --16g
3 heaping tbsp Nesquik powder --virtually 0g
4tbsp peanut butter --14g
1 banana - 1g
1 cup of vanilla yogurt --10g

-Throw everything in the blender and blend until smooth and slightly frothy.


*Yes, these are raw eggs. I certainly understand if some people can't stomach the thought of eating raw eggs, and you can leave them out altogether and you'll still have 40g of protein.  We pregnant ladies have to get our two eggs a day in, and this is the easiest way for me (and you don't have to smell them cooking, which is my problem with eggs generally).

2 comments:

  1. Yum! My favorite lately has been: 1 cup frozen fruit mix (peach, strawberry, mango is my fave), 1 cup spinach, 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 2 cups vegetable/fruit juice, couple squirts of honey. I can't quite do the raw eggs, but I have cooked them up real quick and thrown them in with the smoothie. If you blend it really well, you can't tell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I could do the raw eggs when I was pregnant with Hattie, but I couldn't bear the smell of them cooking. So I tried it and it's like they aren't even there when you blend it together...the only sign is the frothy top. I also used the organic, cage free eggs which I felt came from healthier chickens.
      Your smoothie sounds yummy.

      Delete