Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Oh November!

October is always a lovely month, at the start, but somehow it dddrrrraaaaaggggsss on and on towards the end (with all the Halloween nonsense especially), and I'm never more ready for a fresh month than I am when November finally arrives.
It's been beautiful so far.

I'm looking forward to seeing family for the first time since July. I found myself a little homesick yesterday. If Hattie hadn't woken and interrupted my homeward leaning, I might have even cried - but I am pregnant. It's been more than four years since I even lived in Georgia, and it pains me a little to see how things have changed since I've been away....but you can't live in two places at once, and you can't maintain relationships the same way when you only see folks thrice a year.
For now, we're the Sayres of Mississippi.
"Wherever you are, be all there."

Tomorrow is the 83rd birthday of my beloved Grandmother. Happy Birthday (tomorrow)!!! In the Old Testament, the children of Israel were instructed to raise up stones of remembrance - Ebeneezer stones - so they would look and remember what the Lord has done for them. My Grandmother is like a living Ebeneezer of the strength the Lord can give to a woman who has endured much, but who has trusted and kept pressing on toward the mark of the high calling of Christ.

3 comments:

  1. Correction: We're the Sayres of Mississippi, you're the "Roos of Mississippi"...

    ReplyDelete