Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Pink Cake

Sometime in the last couple of weeks, I turned to Emery and told him how yummy pink cake sounded at the time. Make it strawberry or cherry or imitation berry whatever, it's bound to be delicious, so long as it's pink.

I understand there isn't much good logic in this, but it's kind of like 'irregardless'.

And then yesterday, to my great pleasure, someone brought a pink cake to church. I happily indulged. It tasted nice and pink....and I think that is to say like a yellow box-cake mix plus jello powder.

I think it's a shame you can't make a strawberry cake without jello. I've looked and looked for recipes with just strawberries, and I even tried it. The result was a very flat and somewhat purple-y cake that was extra chewy. (Of course, my version was GF too, so there may have been some major errors apart from the strawberry part, but it turned out awful.)

Speaking of pink cake, we had our real anatomy scan the other day, and Baby Sayre is reaffirmed to be a girly. Her major organs looked fine and dandy too. 18 weeks until we get to meet her!

My odds of doing any more blogging for the rest of the week are pretty slim, so I wish you all the most blessed of Thanksgivings. May you be able to rejoice in what God is doing in your life even if the circumstances aren't what you would have desired. May you remember the things that are truly important in life, AND keep remembering them on Black Friday when you're standing in line at 4am.

We've been talking with Hattie about being thankful and pointing to the Pilgrims on the table (who are holding various food stuffs) and telling her how they're thankful for their turkey, grapes, corn etc. and how she needs to be thankful for whatever we're eating that she might be less than enthused about. Don't ask me how much of this conversation is sinking in, but we've been having it nonetheless, so without further ado, here's some
'Thankful Pilgrim love'
from me to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment