Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Politico

Dear Daylight Savings Time,
I could do without you.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth


Switching back to Central Standard time has been lovely. Hattie seems unphased by the clock and got up this morning at her regular 7:15. And yesterday was the most leisurely Sunday morning in the history of Sunday mornings.

There's more good news: tomorrow is election day. I know what you're thinking,"Wow! We get a special day just to celebrate being God's elect! This is GREAT!" And you'd be right, but it happens to coincide with the presidential election and I'm looking forward to having it behind us. God IS still on his throne, regardless of who's in the Oval Office....and both men are sinners anyway and fallible. 'Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we will remember the Name of the Lord our God'. I'm not placing my trust in either candidate.
I am, however, enjoying the temporarily low gas prices, and I'll hate to see them go after it's all said and done. Fill up your tanks (and your pantries) before Tuesday night!




No comments:

Post a Comment