Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Greek Yogurt Souffle

Today, I saw a recipe on pintrest.

I'm an impulsive pregnant woman, especially where food is concerned. I saw the recipe and needed to make it, NOW.

(Not my picture)


Fluffy. Beautiful fluffiness. And high protein? Can't beat that with a stick.

So I taught Hattie to say souffle. And she held my hand while I tried to beat the egg whites into submission, I mean, peaks. The peaks actually never happened because my arm was getting tired of hold the mixer, and also probably because I didn't put in the cream of tarter. {Do you keep cream of tarter in your pantry? I don't. I don't like to keep things that might only get used once a year.}
But nevertheless, into the ramekins the batter went and I didn't even peak while they were cooking, as per the instructions, and to my great surprise and delight, they turned out fluffy!

Scrumptiously cheesecake-like. Would be divine with a little chocolate and strawberries. It's a keeper of a recipe for certain, and fancy enough for special occasions. What's not to love?


I might as well go ahead and tell you that probably going to eat the whole batch by myself, and I'm not feeling one bit of remorse - though I am feeling kind of full. It's the happiest 30-ish grams of protein I've had all day.

3 comments:

  1. I saw this on Pinterest and thought it looked good! Good to know it was a success for you! I might have to try it soon. I don't have any ramekins though, but might have to make a special trip to Dollar Tree to buy some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just made it in one little ramekin and one larger one. One of the commenters said oven-proof mugs would work too, but I couldn't find any of my mugs that said they were oven-proof specifically.

      Delete
  2. It looks great! As far as the cream of tartar, I am the same way, I don't like to kep things I use just once...but, cream of tartar comes in handy when you are making home-made play-dough for Hattie...oh, it does not work without it, I found out the hard way!

    ReplyDelete