Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

I don't mind

I appreciate doctors. I do. But I don't mind politely disregarding their opinion either.

Because I don't think antibiotics are a miracle drug, and that they can cause more harm than good at times. Because I don't inherently trust the big pharmaceutical companies to make vaccines that are safe and effective (and we're not even talking about the autism thing, I talking heavy metals and all sorts of toxins being injected into your newborn's blood stream, and they expect me to be okay with that? Uh, not so much.)

I do believe in sunshine, probiotics, vitamins, coconut oil, and butter. I believe the American diet is making us sicker and sicker, and trying to treat the symptoms isn't helping anyone actually get better.

And I believe we're called to be good stewards of our bodies. (1 Corinthians 6:19) We need to nourish our physical bodies with good things as much as we need to nourish our souls with the Word of God and prayer.

So, I don't mind ignoring the doctors and the medical establishment from time to time. Yes, I absolutely want them to set broken bones or to perform surgery, but for daily health I'd much rather go the Titus 2:4 route and glean from the older women who've been there before and know how to help keep their families well without running up a bill at the doctor's office.

2 comments:

  1. I don't mind either. I'm working on fighting off sinus junk right now and very thankful for vitamins, water, good food, eucalyptus oil, rest, and sunshine

    ReplyDelete