Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Toddlerhood and Tuesdays

Y'all. My {bigger} baby is going to be two in an unbelievably short amount of time.

I'm not ready.


I love these days - even with their frequent need for discipline - but seeing her grow grow grow up makes me want to stick my pouchy lip out.

Last night she was singing her ABCs and Swing Low, Sweet Chariot. She also slept in her big-girl bed for the first time last night. She went to bed and stayed in bed like a trooper!

What a fast two years these have been! How strange that she has spent half of her life in this little house in Brandon.



It's true about first babies vs second. Hattie probably had 500 pictures taken of her by the time she was 5 weeks. Adele might have 50......and if we are blessed with more babies, they might only have 5 total.
And "sleep when the baby sleeps" totally doesn't happen when you have a toddler. 

Some friends of ours are going through a very sad time. I've prayed and cried for them because I've been there before.  My dad likes to say "You can't think and feel". Emotions aren't rational things, and that's okay. At the end of the day, God is still on his throne - and we can rejoice in that in spite of sadness.

In MS, we have Confederate Memorial day, and state workers get a holiday. This is one of my top ten reasons I like living here, maybe top twenty. Emery being home yesterday felt like we had an extra Saturday, and since we avoided all our Saturday chores and went to the Natural History Museum, this proved very beneficial.

Adele hit 10lbs last week! It always makes me so proud - as a nursing mama - to watch babies grow well. She's cooing and smiling more each day, and I fully expect her to roll over pretty soon. I've seen her come fairly close a few times already. :) Her skin color has been lightening up lately and she's looking more light she belongs to her pale parents, rather than islanders.
I love her fat cheeks. They are very kissable.

From the land of nap-time, one-handed blogging, may you have a happy and spit-up free Tuesday.
(because our latest jingle that Folgers won't want anything to do with is "The best part of waking up is spit-up on your shirt." except it really isn't....but when you have a three day streak, you've got to sing it and laugh and cringe a little.)
 

2 comments:

  1. Love Love Love this blog. Couldn't Help but Grin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chubby, kissable cheeks are the best! And I can't believe your Hattie is going to be 2!!

    ReplyDelete