Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Power of clean.

I've known it for a while. I don't deal gracefully with clutter. And yet, when things are less than tidy, I can manage to overlook the mess for a while, and pretend like it isn't bothering me.

But oh, to have things clean! It makes me want to step into the freshly cleaned room and breathe deep and appreciate the order presiding. With the clean-ness comes peace that couldn't be had in the chaos of clutter.

I appreciate peace, especially.



On an unrelated note, we had our first blueberries of the summer today. Talk about delicious. I'll always think of picking blueberries at my grandmother's every summer. She was always so much braver than I, going into the very middle of the thicket, while I stuck resolutely to the edges. Better berries could not be had.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing how a few quick passes through a room to pick up the clutter makes all the difference? I always wonder why I waited so long to pick something up and put it away when it only takes 30 seconds.

    Blueberries are my favorite fruit! I also have special memories of picking them at my grandparents' house in Mississippi. In fact, while we were there last week, I picked a few off their bushes and enjoyed them all by myself!

    ReplyDelete