Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

--all the cool moms blog one handed...right?--

I loved being at the beach.
Our first night we went out the beach and beheld a double rainbow, dolphins, and the sunset. Ahhh.

we got up extra early a few days to beat the heat of the sun on the beach. it was so nice, and gorgeous.

and we had our anniversary and went on a DATE! so far, our track record seems to be that if having one date per year....and we were siked (uh, and a little nervous - I'd never left Adele before). We had a nice dinner, and the girls did great, but it took adele a while to forgive me for leaving. Understandable.

we had to come home, of course, and try to adjust back to real life. I'm still working on it.

I've still been trying to keep Hattie off of dairy, and it seems to definitely be helping. I'd like to stay we're make progress by leaps and bounds in the potty training, but we're not. We're trying, though.
When we first started potty training, I thought I could get us through the transition without buying pull-ups, and for several weeks, that was true. But after things went down hill, I had to get over my pride and buy some ---and Oh, how much easier! The stars that fade when wet proved to be a helpful incentive for Hattie, too.

Adele's cutting a tooth. I wonder what kind of difference those amber necklaces would make. We've had a rough few nights.

On the way home from Florida, we came through love-bugs so thick that we had to stop and wash the windshield just to be able to see. They're kind of ick.

They say fall is coming. I'm not sure if I believe it. Last year, probably because I was pregnant, I had our pumpkins on the mantle by early September.....but this year, I haven't been ready yet. Of course, we did need to get our summer vacation out of the way before I could begin to think about the change of seasons, but I think I'll be waiting for the official equinox and maybe even a change in the weather before I get too gung-ho about decorating for fall. Are you already indulging in pumpkin spice lattes?

Remembering the families of those who lost loved ones on 9/11. It's hard to believe it's been 12 years.

And happiest of birthdays to our friend Gabby, who is going to get married a move away...I guess we'll forgive her.

1 comment:

  1. I'm ready for fall and even bought my first can of pumpkin the other day! Now I'm just trying to decide what I want to make. And, I'm a big fan of E's amber necklace!

    ReplyDelete