Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

Pleasing to the eyes.

Friday. October 25th.

The world is still plenty green here in Mississippi, though there are some noticeable shifts towards...brown.
We revelled in a little color on our last trip to Kentucky, so that will have to suffice us for this season.

This week we've made pumpkin muffins, pumpkin spice lattes (just one, actually), and this morning, pumpkin pancakes. The pancakes have been my favorite thus far. If you closed your eyes and chewed slowly, you could pretend it was pumpkin pie instead, and I enjoyed that.

My brother has been waiting for this day for three months. The results from the bar exam are to be posted today. Only one. more. hour. of waiting!

We have company coming next week. My home thrives on the prospect of company. Linen clothes get re-organized. Window sills get cleaned. It's delightful. And then, more than just the pleasure of a clean house, the company really does come, and it's so cozy and fun to have folks stay at one's house!

I can't believe I've made it to just a week out from people coming and I still don't really know what I'll cook. In my defense, I don't know for sure how many we'll have at mealtime, but I need to get my thinking cap on.

I had an impossible ache to go shopping today. The girls and I loaded up and set out with a very frugal mindset. I don't have money to burn, but sometimes just looking helps my feelings. We looked at three stores, found the right size picture frame at Michael's and came home. Michael's is such a satisfying store. They also had some beautiful wrapping paper for nice and cheap, so I bought two of those.
The truth is, the last time we went to Michael's we bough Christmas presents for all the family (CLEARANCE RACK!!) , and I wrapped those babies up the very next day. It's been fun having a closet full of wrapped gifts to gaze upon. I suppose when Christmas does come, I'll get to be just as surprised at everyone else at the gifts because I only very generally remember what I wrapped as it is. All that to say, I don't know exactly that I'll need anymore paper this year, but was so pretty, I'm sure I'll like just looking at it on the roll.


1 comment:

  1. I enjoy preparing for company as well, but I usually end up just doing enough to get by. We had company last week and we are having company again next week. My favorite parts are changing the sheets on the bed and setting out a basket of toiletries. Your pumpkin treats all sound scrumptious! You already have Christmas presents wrapped!?!? I was feeling good that we already have most of ours bought!

    ReplyDelete