Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Thursday...Tuesday.

We were out of town this weekend.
We got home Tuesday night, rendering Wednesday to feel thoroughly like Monday. Accordingly, today is feeling like Tuesday.

I guess all I need is a little day-light savings time to complete the wackiness. {Is that a word?}


The girls and I went to Big Lots and Kroger this morning. It was actually the first time I've attempted multiple stores on my own (since we got our van a month or so ago). The girls were fabulous, and saved their out-of-sortedness till we got home - which I much appreciated.
I like Big Lots.
I like that sometimes I can find "Enjoy Life" cookies for two dollars a box. I like that so much that I bought six boxes and tucked them away neatly in the closet...after opening and eating the majority of one with Hattie at lunch. So make that five in the closet for a rainy day or craving day or whatever.
Kroger also had a very tempting jug of Honey-crisp apple cider which I tried to refuse, but couldn't. Honey-crisp apples are nearly the only ones I'll bother with eating. They're SO delicious, and to have cider from that special variety is indeed worth buying in my opinion.

Warm cider can't help but make you believe it's fall, whether or not the weather is cooperating.
It has been slightly cool today, but damp, and not at all crisp like autumn ought to be.

I haven't made one single pumpkin flavored thing yet.

There's a gnat in my house and I don't know why. There's also an odor since we got back, and I can't seem to locate the source. My most recent speculation is that something crept into our attic and died. {ICK.}

Today has been one of those days when three'o'clock rolls around and I still haven't decided (ahem, or thought) about what to make for dinner, but Hattie and I decided on vegetables and then I could rest easier since there wasn't any thawing out to be done.

This little bloggity is drifting into obscurity, and I don't have must time or zest for writing in this season of life.....but the facts remain that whether I blog or not, God is on his throne and He is so good. And I'm thankful to be busy about my home, even at the languishing of blog.


1 comment:

  1. Catching up on some blog reading....Aldi had honey crisp apples for less than $2 a bag the past couple of weeks. I thought of you each time I bought one!

    ReplyDelete