Pages

Friday, November 15, 2013

Approaching - Tis the Season

Is it just me or have Christmas cards gone up in price considerably in recent years?
Actually, it probably IS me because I don't think we've paid full price for a photo-Christmas card since we started sending them out.
I've been looking around and gathering prices from various sites: Shutterfly (my usual favorite), Snapfish, TinyPrints, Office Depot….etc, and I found them to be crazy expensive and way beyond my budget for even thirty cards.
Then through a link on MoneySavingMom.com, I found York Photos. The link wasn't for Christmas cards, but I figured if they were selling personalized desk calendars, the odds were good that they'd sell photo cards too. I was VERY pleasantly surprised at their prices. Emery was so surprised that he decided we could get 100 cards instead of just 30, and with shipping and everything our total was UNDER $35.
That means we could stamp and mail the cards for around 75 cents a card, total. And, uh, I couldn't even find ANY cards anywhere else that could be produced for that price.
SCORE!
If you're suffering sticker-shock from Christmas cards, wander over to York Photo and see if you can't recover.



---York Photo doesn't know me, and I don't really know them. I can't vouch for the quality since our cards haven't arrived yet. But the frugalista in me has to share a great deal when I find it. Happy 6 weeks to Christmas!-----

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! We bought some through Olan Mills when we had family portratis taken. I can't remember how much they were, but not too pricey. I'm excited for all the cute cards to start showing up in the mailbox!

    ReplyDelete