Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Good-Will Hunting.

It's been a long while since I've been to a Goodwill. Actually, I think it's been four years, but it just happened that there weren't any close by where we've lived, so I didn't go. It wasn't about avoidance.

But to my great pleasure, Goodwill opened a new store right next to my good friend, Big Lots, and today brought my first venture into the treasure trove. It was an excellent day of shopping. The girls were patient, and Hattie liked "helping" me shuffle through the dresses and shirts. I came away with almost 13 new additions to my wardrobe, each one averaging less than $4….and that fact makes my face smile. I can't deal with paying thirty or forty dollars for a shirt, but four dollars is RIGHT up my alley. :)

The Lord knows our needs. I'd been feeling frumpy and faded with concern to my closet, but not feeling the liberty to spend much….God clothes the lilies and He clothes me, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment