Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Weakness

"He giveth more grace"

Oh how I need MORE GRACE!

Especially when Adele only slept an hour or two at a time last night.
Especially when I don't feel like I've recovered from our Christmas/New Year's travels.
Especially when my two year old is so thoroughly a two year old (and I'll leave it at that).

I wanted to pity myself this morning. I wanted to vent to any and all my mommy friends who would sympathize. I wanted to rationalize being short on patience and mercy with my children….But God {Aren't you thankful for the "But God"s in the Bible!}….but God reminded me that in my weakness, he is strong. That underneath are the everlasting arms. That He would sustain me and give me grace and strength for every moment.
So, I'm trying to be thankful for difficult days like this; thankful for the reminder of my own weaknesses and insufficiencies, and of the bigness of God.

"I can do all things through Christ"…..even getting the dishes washed!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post! We've had our fair share of rough days and Mama pity parties lately. I find myself constantly praying for grace and mercy. I repeat to myself "choose joy" constantly throughout the day. Love you!

    ReplyDelete