Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

And the Lord provided a pot

{Dedicated to Gabe, who knew about pots, eyeglasses, and a dentist}

A few weeks ago, I was shopping at Kohl's and happened to spend enough to get $10 in Kohl's cash, the only thing was it had to be used within a two week period, or it expired and that would be like money down the drain. unthinkable!
Emery was off Monday for President's Day, and that afternoon, I went to Kohl's (ALONE!) to see if I could find something to spend my ten dollars on…..and I looked and I looked and I looked. I tried on half a dozen pieces and went through the clearance in nearly every department, and I was getting discouraged. The only thing I had found was an undershirt for $3.
And then I wandered into the pots and pans section. We've been needing some new pots, and I've prayed about it and let it rest in the Lord's hands. I started looking for the clearance - which wasn't well marked - and when I finally found it, it was mostly Christmas leftovers and serving ware. I looked around and around those two wracks, and on the third time around I spotted a little pot with a corner of a clearance tag remaining. I made a b-line to the price check and found it was marked $12!!
Do you know what the original price was? $60! I would never feel good about paying that much for a little sauce pot, but oh, $12 is a delightful price for a good quality tool.
I walked out of the store having spend only $5 of real money, and elated beyond measure.

What's more, that very morning we had thrown away our old sauce pot because the teflon was flaking off.

What beautiful provision! Thank you, Lord, for caring about our every need!



1 comment:

  1. I love a good deal and the perfect provision of the Lord.

    ReplyDelete