Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Come on SPRING!

Y'all, spring really is going to come this year. And Thursday is THE day - whether or not the weather knows that is a different story.
My azaleas are right on time (ahem, except that I hacked them to pieces a few weeks ago, and there may only be 15 buds on each remnant).
Did you know in south Mississippi, there are people named Azalea…but it's pronounced Aza-lee.
Lol.

Oh, but spring time. We've got a gloriously busy spring planned, complete with visits from family (AT OUR HOUSE - which rarely happens), birthdays, FLORIDA (Whoopwhoop!), and all these things on top of the fact that the world will be in bloom.
How delightful!

I'm waiting for the dogwoods especially, they make my heart go pitter-patter, and the pink ones even more so.
Someday, I hope I get to have a pink dogwood tree in my yard. And a maple tree. And a sycamore tree, of course. And a tulip-tree, if it's not too much to ask.
I'm glad we live in a world with beautiful trees and flowers.

My mother-in-law is here for a visit. Back in September, they diagnosed her with Stage 4 lung cancer and only gave her 3-6 months to live, but you know, she's doing great. She hasn't had any treatment and really she doesn't seem sick at all. We've been praying, and we know the Lord answers prayers. Next week, they'll do some scans to see what the cancer is doing, but to look at her, you wouldn't even know she ever had such a diagnoses.

Happy Monday, y'all. It's the last one of the winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment