Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Oh nap time.

Both of my daughters are asleep.

Someone, pinch me. Am I dreaming?

No, don't pinch me, I'm awake and they aren't and it's the middle of the day and this hasn't happened in like a century. Or nine-ish months, whichever.

In other news, I was looking around for a baked bean recipe this morning to take to church in a few days, and the reviews made the recipe sound so tasty, I think I'm just going to have to make them for dinner tonight instead. I've never been particularly excited about baked beans, but I do like the homemade variety, which are kind of a rarity.

We went to Big Lots today, and they had our cookies. You never can tell if they're going to have our Enjoy Life cookies or not, so when they do we usually stock up. I've gotten over feeling silly about buying 6 boxes of cookies at one time because A) they're delicious B) we only go to Big Lots once or twice a month and C) one box gets eaten in one sitting oh, and D) they're half the price there than they are are Kroger. So there, check-out girl, I am not ashamed.

In other other news, I have a one year old. How did this happen? Wasn't she just born? I remember so clearly everything about her labor and delivery, how was that a whole year ago??
And she's too stinking cute. She knows when to laugh and smile at the right times these days, as if to say, "Haha, yeah, I did that" (when we're talking about her) and her vocabulary is gaining ground everyday.  She's really a toddler now, and I'm not sure that I'm ready for my baby to be so big.

Adele and Hattie share a room these days. (Did I already tell you that?) And it's so homey with the crib on one wall, the twin bed on the other and the kitchen-set between.

My mother-in-law's CT scans this week showed that her days are numbered (as all of us are, really), and I'm so thankful we got to have a sweet week of visiting with her. Only God knows how long she'll last, and I pray that her remaining days will be full of joy.

I'm anxious to get my beans cooking. Hope your Wednesday is thoroughly happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment