Pages

Friday, July 11, 2014

Good morning, beautiful

It's a gorgeous, dewy morning here in central Mississippi.
I love how the morning sun filters through the leaves of our birch tree.

We've had more than a week of travels, and I think, after almost a week of recuperation, we're getting back to normal-ish.
That is, if normal-ish means that your toddler forgot how to control her bladder whilst on the road, and it seems like you're back to square one with potty training. And if normal-ish means working on day-time weaning Adele, which she isn't so thrilled about and woke up nearly every hour to try to compensate.
Normal-ish.
But my kitchen is clean. The laundry was finished yesterday.
These are good things.

It's funny how things change. I've always appreciated nice landscaping, and when I watched that house-hunters international, I would be shocked at how the driveways in Ireland were paved right up to the house. No bushes or anything. Well, in the last week, I've found myself praising a potential house because there was, "no fussy landscaping". It's a season of life. I don't have time to prune and weed and   mulch flower beds. I count myself a success if I can remember to put the potted plants in the rain and sunshine sometimes…the ones that aren't dead already. It's just the way it is. Maybe when my children are a little bigger I'll be able to appreciate landscaping again. Who knows?

Happy Friday, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment