Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Oven Mitts

I have a very sweet and thoughtful husband.
And I'm going to shout it from the rooftops.

Today, I asked him to pick up four things at Kroger on his way home from running a few errands. Now I know that he'll usually get everything on my list, but I also know that my man doesn't stick to the list (not unlike his wife, who makes a list of the 10 things and buys $100 worth of groceries)....anyway, it's always interesting to see what he comes home with. Today's extra spoils included GF pretzels and cookies and OVEN MITTS! That dear man.
A few weeks ago, we had discussed needing new oven mitts because I'd burned my hand through one of our old ones. Not acceptable. Except that I speedily forgot the incident and kept using the same old bad one because I guess our others are in storage or something.

But good Emery hadn't forgotten his poor wifey. No, no. He came home with Blue Willow print oven mitts and a matching tea towel, and some day when we have a house they'll coordinate in a lovely way with our china. Sweet man.

It's a delightful thing to be married to such a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment