Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Random Box

It's a little hard for me to get used to it just being barely light at 7:30 in the morning. I'm missing early sunshine from central time, but on the other hand - my children sleep much later....and I would sleep much later, but my neck thinks it's excessive of me to want to sleep 12 hours, so up I must be.
{There's your run-on for the day.}
What I really ought to have said is that I'm thankful our basement apartment HAS windows, and I can be aware of the outside conditions somewhat - even if the sunlight doesn't come shining in brightly, I'm thankful for windows!

I have bad news. I made those molasses cookies yesterday, minus the ginger because I was out....and Emery didn't even like them. I should probably take that other post down. But I like them because they're so healthy, even if they happen to taste a little healthy.
Last week, somebody made the mistake of posting a picture of cookie cake on facebook, and this pregnant woman almost rushed out to Kroger to find one for herself, but I used a little self-control and made a GF version at home that my family could enjoy too. It was tasty, but alas, it tasted healthy. Of course, I didn't put any icing on, but I missed that certain chemical taste you get in the store-bought ones. Ironically, mine also tasted like whole-wheat, which of course it was not.
In other grocery store blunders, last week I was thinking about buying some bagels and thought, "oh, theses have a lot of carbs." So I didn't buy them and what do you think I put in the buggy next? Doughnuts. Are you kidding me? I was trying to think healthy thoughts and BAM! Krispie Kreme wins the fight. I'll also have you know that the aforementioned brand is the only one I'll patronize that incorrectly uses Ks where Cs ought to be. Because that is an aggravation in my life, especially when it's an educational facility and the name is something like "Kozy Kiddie Korner". Ugh.
(Sorry if you have a business named that. I just made it up.)

Now that those stories are out of the way. I'm glad to report that it's the middle of October. We're going Pumpkin Patching tomorrow. I had hot chocolate yesterday. And we made paper pumpkins that turned out uber cute. I'm glad to meet my fall-crafting quota and move on with life.
Enjoying September and October partially means getting prepared for Christmas. I even went shopping BY MYSELF last Saturday, and it's extremely gratifying to have a few happy Christmases wrapped and tucked away. A bonus feature of buying on the early side is that I have no memory, and Christmas will be just as surprising to me as to those opening the gifts. Score for the win.

Speaking of Wins, Shout out to Ole Miss for having a great season thus far. Hattie can't really understand why the Targets in GA don't sell Ole Miss gear like they ought.

Oh, I also wanted to give an update about my essential oil usage. It's been nearly a year since I bought a set from Plant Therapy off of Amazon, and I've been very happy with my purchase. Granted, I go through phases when I don't use them much, but lately they've been getting a lot of use in terms of peppermint to keep spiders and crickets at bay, and tea tree oil for bug bites, and "Germ Fighter" - which is the same formula as Thieves -for diffusing and hopefully cleansing the air around here of any lingering germs, and Eucalyptus for muscle aches and to keep the sinuses open.
I haven't used as many of the blended oils as I thought I might, but overall, I couldn't be happier.

And cue baby waking up.
Hugs. Happy Humpday.



No comments:

Post a Comment