Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Sycamore Bakes: Oreo Truffles

Okay, so this one is a no-bake recipe, but oh is it decadent. And simple. And rich.
I made Oreo Truffles to take to church last night, and they were a big hit.


Oreo Truffles
{Gluten and Dairy free!}

1 package gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies (or Oreos)
1 package vegan cream cheese (or regular cream cheese)
12-ish oz dark chocolate
3tbsp coconut oil


Pulverize the package of cookies. I tried doing this by hand, but finished with my "little chopper" - a food processor would do it beautifully, I'm sure.
Stir in the cream cheese until well incorporated.
Line cookie pan with wax paper. Roll cookie mixture into small balls - you probably don't want these any larger than the size of a chocolate covered cherry. I got a little lazy and started making them bigger, but they get hard to eat.
Put 'em in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Melt your chocolate and coconut oil.
Use a slotted spoon (or a toothpick) to get the balls coated in chocolate.
Put in the fridge and wait long enough for the chocolate to firm up before giving in to temptation.

Makes about 30 small balls. Like I said, I got lazy, so mine turned out about 20 truffles.

The surprising thing to me about this recipe was that even with the vegan cream cheese, I felt like I was eating real candy, like out of a box candy. Light on the inside, rich dark chocolate.
Delish.


No comments:

Post a Comment