Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Whoa.

I get the emails.
Every Monday.
(I wouldn't have any idea how far along I am, if it weren't for these things.)
You're ___ weeks pregnant! ___ weeks to go!

This week: 25 weeks along, 15 to go.
Say what?

15 weeks sounds like no time at all.
It's the kind of number that makes me think, "I'd better get my act together and get ready for this baby! Today."
Actually, ever since 17 weeks to go popped up, I've been on a little higher alert at how much time until Baby arrives.


.....but then I get comments to the effect of, "Are you going to make it till May?!?" and I think to myself that I have three more months to get bigger. And then time slows back down to it's normal pace, and I keep doing my daily motherhood thing: eating my protein and drinking my water and taking a handful of supplements, and mostly taking care of home and family.

My little Hattie is a planner. Sometimes an anxiety riddled planner. We've been having the conversation frequently how we just have to live each day as it comes, and not worry about what might happen down the road because it doesn't help anyone to worry. Accordingly, living each day the best I can, as it comes, is pretty high on the priority list.
And if it weren't for those dog-gone "__weeks to go!" - I'd do a better job of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment