Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Preparedness

My daddy - oh, he's prepared. He's got you covered whether you need to scale down a mountain side or dig a hole or start a fire or any number of things...if he's got his vehicle, he's got 200lb of stuff to help you out.

I, on the other hand, don't feel that compulsion to carry so much in the "just in case" category. I feel like I'm doing really well if I have a change of clothes for the children (and I guess I'm not doing really well most of the time, lately anyway).

BUT, I'll tell you what I am prepared for: winter!

Maybe it's just me, but hitting the consignment sales and getting all the cool weather clothes washed and packed away for a few more months gives me such a feeling of calm. Because come the first cold snap, I don't have to panic about not having a long sleeve shirt or pants for a child. Praise the Lord, it's already done and waiting for the need to arise.
That I love.



No comments:

Post a Comment