Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

octopus on my head

I've never had an awful haircut. I've had  two or three that didn't have as nice a shape as i'd like, but never anything mortifying.
But then again, I've always been pretty conservative with my hair...never above the shoulder, never colored, never had bangs cut since 3rd grade.

I went out on an uncharacteristic limb last weekend though, and the result is: I don't like my hair.

I still didn't do anything drastic. I asked for above the shoulder. {gasp!} And I knew my curls would seize up with so much weight off of them, and it's shorter than id like.

IT IS out of the spit-up and grab zone from Elijah. And it doesn't look too bad freshly washed, but when i wake up in the morning, i feel like there's an octopus on my head. It's too short to wrangle into a bun or something well behaved.

So I suppose I've been cured of wanting to go to shorter lengths, and next time I feel scraggly and unkempt, I'll just ask for a trim to freshen up a bit.


1 comment:

  1. We need a picture of your new do! It was after Josiah was born that I got my first really short haircut. Josiah was a great big spitter upper and I would get whiffs of it from my hair and I couldn't stand it anymore...so, off it went!!! I am sure your hairs is too cute!

    ReplyDelete