Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Soups and Sunshine

As I mentioned a few days ago, it's been plumb like Seattle here. So much so, we have not had a glimmer of sunshine in the last eleven days, but today the sun burst through and is working toward drying things out around here.

I've been dreaming up soups to make in the coming days.
My list involves: Chili, Potato Soup (sans dairy, I'm sure if there's enough bacon it'll turn out alright), Pumpkin-Curry Soup, Taco Soup, Chicken and Dumplings, Beef Vegetable Soup....
and that's all I've got so far, but I heartily welcome your suggestions.
If I had my druthers, I'd include Lobster Bisque, Corn & Crab Chowder, and many other butter, cheese, and milk laden luxuries. I've been aching for dairy something fierce lately - anxious for the days when I'm not nursing a little person who screams in agony if I have milk products, but it's certainly not worth it now. And I still have the pleasure of smelling the goodness of a variety of casseroles and such at church dinners. All is not lost.

Emery, the good man, brought home groceries last night. {Leaving the house, especially for groceries and the unloading thereof, is not my cup of tea lately}. Now, we're equipped with canned pumpkin and a world of opportunities before us.
Oh Fall. You're such a dear.

In other news: Adele and potty training. Kind of ugh. I have no zeal for this.


Hattie just informed me that she's graduated pre-k and is getting ready for college now. Ha.

We are almost finished with our curriculum for pre-k...which is cool and we've enjoyed it, but at the same time, I'm not sure if I'm ready to buy another program for Kindergarten or just supplement other materials for a while. Either way, she's learned a lot so far. I mean, she's READING. Whoop! Whoop!
And Adele, while not up in my lap listening the whole time, has made remarkable strides in her language development and story telling, and I'm {thankful} proud as can be of my little brood.

No comments:

Post a Comment