Pages

Monday, October 19, 2015

October-ing

We've been house-hunting for (an eternity? a month? 14 years? I don't really know).
Anywho, this time around we're under time constraints to figure out what will be done and we're looking and looking and looking and seemingly coming up empty-handed or with turned down offers. The rub is the emotional attachment one begins to feel to houses that might become home. I start to plan paint colors, furniture arrangement and then when we get that "no" -- it's like erasing the chalk board after having filled it up with thoughts and dreams. {Actually, I'm against chalk boards. The chalk makes entirely too much noise for my poor ears. Gives me chills just to think about chalk squeaking. I'm a dry-erase girl all the way.}
But we're resilient, right? Of course, right.

In other news....

Hattie has gone off on a day trip to the mountains with my parents and her cousin. I'm sure they're having a swell time. The excitement was running high when they left yesterday.  I was a little apprehensive about not having Hattie here to play with Adele. The thought "How am I going to get anything done?!?" may have entered my head. But it's been lovely to spend the day Adele (and Elijah, but he doesn't really compete for attention yet). She's such a fun little girl, especially without anyone here with whom to fight.
I asked Adele what special treat she might like from Target this morning. She replied "super giant socks" -- this means Captain America socks, not extra large socks. Well, they didn't have such themed socks, but she was happy with a nice set of little boy socks. She's in a rather boy-ish phase lately, to which I'll indulge her on some points. She does have to wear dresses to church, but she can absolutely use a Captain America toothbrush or pick out socks that aren't pink.

Also a reason for celebration: we're almost past Halloween. I'm not keen on the spiderwebs and all the other icky decorations, especially in the stores. I'm thoroughly ready for us to move on towards Thanksgiving. Besides, my pilgrims are just itching to assume a place of honor in our home's decorations.
Hattie is anxious for us to make a pumpkin pie straight from the pumpkin. I am not sure how involved a process this is going to be, but we'll try!

Here's to reddening maple boughs and crisp air and the smell of the furnace kicking on for the first time...Fall!


No comments:

Post a Comment