Pages

Friday, October 23, 2015

Pinning

I've gotten back on pintrest lately.
The house we put an offer in on needs some TLC: new floors, paint, & general touch-ups.  So I've been getting the little wheels in my head spinning with ideas for how to fix the place up nicely.
I admit this has been an enjoyable time-black hole. But I'll also admit that dreaming about this house has gotten me rather attached. I'll be sad if we don't get it.

Oh well.
It's so charming to think of making a home just as I'd like it.
We've always been renters and never had such a luxury.
Lord willing, we'll have a happy little house that we'll get to transform into a happy little Sayre home.

In all the pintresting, I had an epiphany: laundry rooms should be painted the color of lint.
I didn't find that on pintrest! But I think it's genius.

There's also this thing about pintrest...all those beautiful pictures...everything so perfect....homes that never needed an update being upgraded a zillion times over....
well it's almost like perfection is the standard. I almost wish someone would make a pintrest for things that are" pretty but imperfect" or "good enough." because we're all works in progress, every part of our lives have rough edges and we'll never be pintrest perfect.


As an aside: Little Elijah has lost his newborn scent and smells like a little boy now. Sweaty little boy that I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment