Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

World // our reaction

Okay, hot button issue time.
Immigration.

You'll have to excuse me, but I don't feel all the posts on social media really affect what will be decided in Washington. Maybe they do, but I kind of doubt it. So let's step back from the immigration policy issue - because that will be decided by people other than me (and I'm thankful for that!) - let's get real about how we'll react.

If thousands of refugees enter our country and join our communities...what are you going to do? Complain about them taking "our" jobs?
Wax less than poetic about how they should go home?

Or are you going to show the love of Christ to these hurting, displaced people?

You know, I've moved around a lot in the last few years, and I've quipped about being a stranger and sojourner, but compared to being a refugee from a war-torn nation...there is no comparison.
And maybe there are some crazies that end up being allowed inside our border, but we've got a pretty good stock of crazies here already. We're all sinners. We're all capable of horrendous, egregious sins. "But for the grace of God, there go I".

Let's be light and salt in our communities, whatever the outcome. Let's show kindness and love to those in need. Let's share the Balm of Gilead with wounded souls.



No comments:

Post a Comment