Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Snowed in

I'm sure there are some people snowed in now. We aren't included, thankfully. It would be pandemonium in this part of the country if anything in the realm of needing snow-plows occurred. We are not prepared for that kind of event!

But we are delighted to have gotten to witness a few flurries today. You wouldn't know it by looking out now, but we did watch the snow fall for a few minutes, and as per tradition, we made our hot chocolate.  :)

Adele still has some residual chocolate on her forehead. I never cease to be amazed at how she gets food on her forehead. You would think it would be altogether too far from her mouth, but no.


-----

I've been thinking about balance and survival mode a good bit in recent weeks. I have a negative connotation associated with survival mode...because I'm a perfectionist in some regards, and expect too much of myself. But I've decided to embrace survival mode. I AM HAPPY TO BE SURVIVING. I can get the basics taken care of at home, and I can't handle adding anything else in right now. Someday all my littles won't be under five years old. Someday I'll be sleeping like a regular person rather than a mombie, but not today.
I am not going to feel like I'm failing because things are being left undone at the end of the day.
I am not going to stress over toys in the floor.
I AM going to enjoy spending time with my children. These days are too fleeting to spend them beating myself up (or comparing myself to other moms who seem to have their act blissfully together).
These days are a gift.
Thank you, Lord, for my messy house and happy, healthy children.

3 comments:

  1. Amen.

    Your posts are always encouraging to me as a fellow mother :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathryn. Sometimes I feel like a broken record on here: I'm so tired. Motherhood. Babies....but it's life realtime, Lessons I'm being taught, day in and out, and hopefully some smiles too. :)

      Delete
  2. Lots of smiles :-)

    I actually think it's the "broken record" repetition that is partly to thank for the encouragement. Because motherhood IS repetitive, and we moms do stay tired. And being only one pregnancy and two children into this motherhood thing, I sometimes wonder how anyone can do it with more, and those more having a variety of ages and needs. So you being honest about the over and over again struggles but still keeping going and enjoying those little ones day in and day out...that helps me.

    ReplyDelete