Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Preach

Listen up, self:


Satan wants to steal your joy. You get to choose whether to let him.


 Real time, y'all. Everything can be rocking along just fine and dandy, and all of the sudden your mind starts to wander and you end up, "Why wasn't {so and so} there for me in that situation?" and "Why did no one teach me these things when I was growing up?" And "He's probably thinking I'm taking too long of a shower."
I WAS taking a shower when thinking all these things. And the baby did wake up, which I why I figured I was being judged and was honestly starting to get defensive over the fact that I was going to finish my shower And get dressed before coming to soothe said baby.
Isn't that absurd?!? To start to get upset because of what your think your spouse is probably thinking -- when you're in a different room, for crying out loud.
You tell me Satan's not at work. He is. And he hates family and marriages, and he wants to destroy them - if you let him.
All of these questioning things coming to my mind were putting little rifts in my heart between my dear, wonderful family member....whom I love tremendously, regardless of what waters went under the bridge 15 years ago. And I am refusing to dwell on past hurts tonight. Satan wants to bring these bygone things to our mind's eye and throw past sin in our face, but KING JESUS has put these sins away as far as the east is from the west. We are NOT condemned. We are washed in the blood of the Lamb.

Satan can't have my joy. I'm going to choose to fight for it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment