Pages

Monday, June 6, 2016

Where Monday found me

Normally, I don't mind Mondays too much. I don't like that Emery has to be back at work after the weekend, but I kind of like to jump right into the chores and such that at Monday a home requires.

Today wasn't my day. My A-game must have packed up and gone to Bermuda because it certainly wasn't with me today.

The majority of the day was spent trying to clean up messes that happened while I was trying to clean up messes.
Yikes.

So on the one hand I was happy that the girls were playing sweetly and not crying and I was being productive on one side of the house, only to find puddles of water and spice water (read: dig through spice draw and shake spices into a BUCKET of water). Okay, number 1, why don't these people tell me when they've spilled water that is beyond their skill level to clean up? {Yes, you're right, because that would probably make them adults with no need of me whatsoever} And number two, why, just why does the spice water need to be tested in every plastic vessel in our possession? {that might be a slight hyperbole, but never the less}.
Anywho, Clean that up. Clean clean clean...walk to the back of the house to find my room turned into a beach with ten towels spread over the floor. Ok. Might as well organize the linen closet while those are out. Only to then find.............I could go on all day.
I won't.

In between the sweet play there was a lot of crying. {I see you baby number 3!} And said baby busted his lip before the evening was out, and amidst the blood and tears I'm standing there wondering if his new little teeth are loose. I sure hope they aren't, but they did cut into his lip.

Lots of crying.

Frazzled Mama.

I was texting in for prayer support. I needed it!!

End of the day, my house is still struggling but at least the dishes are washed. I don't know about you, but I can't even think with a sink full of dishes - which was the situation all day, and so maybe I can therefore blame my bad attitudes on my kitchen problems. but hey, a heart problem is a heart problem.
And sin is sin.
And Hallelujah, where Sin abounds GRACE does much more abound.
Mama needs some second helpings of grace.

The messes are not the biggest deal. The messes mean my people live here.

I'm thankful HIS mercies are new every morning, and tomorrow I can attempt to model before my children how to work with a joyful heart, and a smile, and an encouraging word. I sure fell flat today.


No comments:

Post a Comment