Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Pink tastes better

I've long held the opinion that pink food/beverages taste better. They must!
Pink Cake - perfection.
White cran+strawberry juice - my fav.

{I understand this is a bit of a predicament for myself as I usually eschew artifical colors...but things colored with beet juice become nicely pink, too. On an unrelated note, I've been throwing "eschew" around like everybody uses it often. They - y'all - probably don't, but you might by the time I get off this kick.}

Anyhoo, I've got a nice PINK smoothie recipe for you today.

Watermelon Lemonade Smoothie

I used a lot of leftover watermelon - maybe 3/4 of the blender full of it
Several tablespoons of lemon juice, perhaps a 1/4 cup
a bit of stevia
one banana
ice cubes
{And I throw in probiotics and ecchinacea powder for an added boost)

I saw a watermelon mint lemonade drink at Aldi - which I almost bought, but decided not to - and from thence came the inspiration for this smoothie....so if you've got some mint, I think that would be an added deliciousness factor.
Hattie and Elijah and I enjoyed this, Adele and Emery weren't overly keen. A house divided. Oh well, maybe you'll enjoy it too.

1 comment:

  1. Well maybe Adele and Emery will get on board if there's mint! I thought it was good :-) and nicely Natural Pink.

    Once I made a strawberry cake in which I ground up freeze dried strawberries for added color and sweetness (the main source of strawberry-ness was puréed strawberries.). It wasn't the prettiest pink...but it WAS pink.

    ReplyDelete