Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Worth every cent

Some stories are hard to know where to start. In fact, this happens to me often, "Let me go back. Wait A little further back" - more detail, more story. To Emery, this is an over abundance of words. He looks at me like, "What on earth does this have to do with the statement you're trying to make??" Well, sometimes the correlation is very slight, but nonetheless it IS a correlation in - in my mind anyway.

Let's just go with right now. Ah nope, a week back should do.
I got a mysterious rash. Like poison ivy. Irritating, but probably no big deal, right? Well, this rash blistered and started giving me some nerve pain - at which point I accept the fact that this is shingles. Ugh. Last night, Emery and I jumped on the interweb looking for natural helps to fight off this virus. And then he makes me up a hot compress and loads me up on appropriate vitamins -- while making a note of other supplements that are helpful.
Now, today. My prince charming went to the vitamin store and comes home with everything I might possibly need or use to conquer this thing.

This is love. This is my sweet man telling me, "I cherish you. I care about your wellness. The cost of these supplements is no matter. You are worth it."


I forget this sometimes.

But today his love rang through beautifully clear. Especially as he made an extra trip home to deliver the goods in the middle of the day.

sweet, sweet husband. Thank you, Lord for my precious husband.


-----


In very unrelated news: we had grilled cheese and tomato soup the other day. I was going to blog about it, but y'all I didn't have time. Listen up. Being gluten and dairy free, I don't know when we've indulged in grilled cheese with tomato soup - oh so good! What a pairing! I can see why Tom+Chee works as a restaurant (though I haven't actually eaten there).
Of course, we had vegan cheese, gluten free bread, and homemade tomato soup. It was such a treat. And how silly does it sound for such a common thing to be so special to us, but it was and it was enjoyable for sure!


3 comments: