Pages

Monday, December 12, 2016

A little extra happy....

Y'all, can I just brag on my husband for a hot minute?
'Cause I'm gonna.

This evening, Emery put up Christmas lights outside for me.

!!!!!!

This makes me inordinately happy.

It's rather inexplicable.

He's put them up probably 4 of the last 5 years, and every time these crazy little lights just make me smile. What more, he knew we needed a little extra happy in our lives right, and that thoughtfulness makes me want to smile+cry.



----
As a knowledgeable youth, I was certain that WHITE LIGHTS were the only way to go. There was no question in my mind that I could appreciate colored lights, for I found them all garish. But Lo and Behold, things change. Somehow, I have colored lights wrapped around my house. And we have a little tree with colored lights (because the children picked). I love them. I can't imagine going back to white.
Perhaps it's mostly about what you're used to, but I for one, am devoted to our colored lights. So there. I'm glad I'm not a knowledgeable youth any more.




No comments:

Post a Comment